Legend of White Dragon
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Damage types?

2 posters

Go down

Damage types? Empty Damage types?

Post  Miralad Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:10 am

Can anyone explain the damage system in the game? I just dont get it... for example: why bother with super hard class quest to get a Spear of battle that, in my eyes, does less damage than the weapon i got now? Or is it that Beleriand damage gives me more bonus than fire damage? can anyone explain what kind of damage the different types do? The logic would be that the class q would be a better weapon, or at least as good as a crafted one, or am i wrong? (or are they saying that the stats of the weapon makes up for the lack of damage?)

Damage types? Icon
Spear of Battle (class q)
Spear
44 - 60 Beleriand Damage
25.9 DPS
2 Speed
Spear-pierce:
9 Common Damage every 5 seconds for 15 seconds
+1% Parry Chance
+85 Maximum Morale
+14 Agility
+14 Vitality
Durability 80 / 80

Damage types? Icon
Fortified Black Ash Hammer (crafted)
One-handed Hammer
45 - 71 Fire Damage
27.5 DPS
2.1 Speed
Target: You have a small chance of lowering your target's ability to Evade.
+15 Will
+15 Might
+15 Vitality
Durability 100 / 100
Miralad
Miralad

Back to top Go down

Damage types? Empty Re: Damage types?

Post  Miralad Wed Mar 19, 2008 6:57 am

Found this on the subject, and it looks to me that the damagetype isnt doing that much, at least not enough to lower the DPS-rate Razz

http://lorebook.lotro.com/wiki/Talk:Mechanics:Damage_Types
Under (re)construction as of Jan '08. All information is taken from using Echoes of Battle, a MST skill that always does a fixed amount of damage (e.g. 55) rather than a range (e.g. 42-65). Will be formatted and moved to the main article when sufficient information is available.
It appears that Dwarf-make, Westerness, etc. damage does an additional 5-10% (or 2.5%-5%) net damage to the mobs, but some are immune to this bonus.

x no bonus
- not tested
(looks like the table didnt work)
Monster type Melee Type Element
Beleriand Ancient Dwarf-make Westernesse
Ancient-Evi 10% 5% 5%
Beast x x x
Creatures of Nature - - -
The Dead 2.5% 2.5% 10%
Dragon-kind x +10% 2.5%
Dwarf - - -
Giant-Kind - - -
Man x x x
Orc-kind 2.5% x x
Spiders and Insects +5% +10% -
Troll-kind - +10% +5%
The Unseen - - -
Miralad
Miralad

Back to top Go down

Damage types? Empty The last dmg-type

Post  Polvotten Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:37 am

There is one more damage-type, that is Light. Mirrored weapons have this type. I cannot quote this, but Ive gathered from other players that this dmg is "the best" that is, few are immune to it. Im not sure everything in the game gets additional dmg from it, but the bonus is somewhere between Ancient-Dwarf and Beleriand. In either case, I'm quite sure its comparable to the Shadow-dmg our characters can have certain bonuses against. So the way I see it, dmg-type Ancient -Dwarf, Beleriand or Light is about as important to have as Shadow-dmg protection is.. But what works best agains what Im not sure :/
Polvotten
Polvotten

Back to top Go down

Post  Miralad Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:21 am

Ok, so crafted weapons are by far the best weapons in the game. That puts everything in a new perspective don’t it? Then why bother with super hard class guests to get crappy shit if you don’t need the xp or any deeds, when you can go framing and make some better ones? To me, it just must be another perk to finish the class quests (more than a half-ok-weapon)… don’t you think?
Miralad
Miralad

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum